The goal behind the Internet of things is to have devices that self report in real-time, improving efficiency and bringing important information to the surface more quickly than a system depending on human intervention. It represents the trend of future networking, and leads the third wave of the IT industry revolution. IoT covers a wide spectrum of applications, including the detailed real-time sensing of our environment and the embedding of connected intelligence into everyday objects.
Future Scope of IoT (Internet of Things):
We are living in a digitalized world that is full of technological advancements. One of these technological advancements is Internet of Things (IoT). The future scope of IoT is paving its way to make the world a smarter place to live in. In this course of IoT, we will see various areas of the application of Internet of Things and how it will change the way of our living.
· Able to understand the application areas of IOT
· Able to realize the revolution of Internet in Mobile Devices, Cloud & Sensor
· Able to understand building blocks of Internet of Things and characteristics.
Course Objectives / Learning Outcomes:
1. Describe what IoT is and how it works today
2. Recognize the factors that contributed to the emergence of IoT
3. Design, Architecture and program IoT devices
4. Use real IoT protocols for communication
5. Secure the elements of an IoT device
6. Architecture and Reference Model
7. What is M2M
8. Case study of IoT Applications